- [we are looking for a senior postdoctoral fellow in computational statistics and genomics! contact us for more details]
- Saritha Kodikara, postdoctoral fellow
- Max Bladen, mixOmics support (part time)
- Daniel Tien Phung, data analyst (part time)
Higher Degree Research students
- Yidi Deng, PhD candidate, UoM, in co-supervision with Dr Jarny Choi (Centre for Stem Cell Systems)
- Vinícius Salazar, PhD candidate, UoM, in co-supervision A/Prof Heroen Verbruggen and Dr Vanessa Rossetto Marcelino (Hudson Medical research institute)
- Daniel Rawlinson, PhD candidate, in co-supervision with Prof Lachlan Coin (main supervisor, Doherty)
- Davide Maria Vespasiani, PhD candidate, UoM, co-supervision with Dr Irene Romero Gallero
- Isaac Virshup, PhD candidate ‘Finding patterns of biologically meaningful transcript expression by examining heterogenous sets of cells’, UoM with main supervisor Prof Christine Wells
- Eva Yiwen Wang, PhD candidate ‘Development of multivariate and integrative statistical methods to improve microbiome research outputs‘, UoM
- Qinwen Chen, Msc Statistics by coursework, UoM
- Guannan Yang, co-supervision with Prof Eva Dimitriadis and Dr Ellen Menkhorst (Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
We welcome any students and staff who are interested in statistical analysis of omics data and wish to attend our fortnight group meetings!
- Al J Abadi, Genomics Data Scientist
- Katherine Lange, Murdoch Research Institute
- Aleksandar Dakic
- Zitong Li, Senior scientist at CSIRO
- Florian Rohart – now data analyst at NTI
- Nicholas Matigian – now data analyst at QFAB Bioinformatics
- Benoit Gautier – now teacher in mathematics in France.
Alumni students (PhD)
- Aimee Hanson, PhD candidate ‘Lymphocyte receptors: Genomic structure and role in immune- mediated arthritis’ with main supervisor Prof Matt Brown (QUT) and Diamantina Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Queensland
- Farah Syeda Zahir, PhD candidate ‘Obesity paradox: Exploring the relationship between adiposity and mortality in persons with Cardiovascular Disease and/or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus’, co-supervised with Dr Ahmed Medi (Diamantina Institute), School of public Health, University of Queensland.
- Jasmin Straube ‘Development of statistical tools for integrating time course ‘omics’ data’ with co-supervisors Dr Emma Huang and Dr Anne Bernard, QFAB and University of Queensland.
- Ralph Patrick ‘Molecular interaction motifs in a system-wide network context: Computationally charting transient kinase-substrate phosphorylation events’ with main supervisor A/Prof Mikael Boden, University of Queensland.
- Amrit Singh ‘Blood biomarker panels of the late phase asthmatic response’ with main supervisor Prof Scott Tebbutt, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Chao Liu ‘Computational analysis of DNA repair pathways in breast cancer’ with main supervisor Prof Mark Ragan, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland
Alumni students (Honours and Msc)
- Sibi Xue, Msc Statistics by coursework, UoM
- Yinghua Shen, Msc Statistics by coursework, UoM
- Mengqi (Chi-Chi) Hu, Msc Bioinformatics by coursework, UoM
- Alana Butler, Master of Science (Bioinformatics), UoM, now research assistant at Monash University.
- Nicholas d’Arcy, Nicholas Mueller, University of Queensland
- Solange Pruilh, Zoe Welham, Vanessa Lakis, Priscilla Montfalet, Thom Cuddihy, Mourad Larbi, Jeff Coquery, Pierre Monget who did a research placement in our lab.